To enhance the Value of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in Industrial, Welfare and Traditional Sectors and increase the Return on Investment
- Implement Corporate Strategic Plans based on health classification of PSUs and make them accountable to the Government through MoUs / Performance Contracts by 2023.
- Enhance the Beneficiary coverage of PSUs in the Welfare and Traditional Sectors by 2024.
- Increase the Turnover of PSUs and make all PSUs profitable by 2025.
- Appraisal of Projects of PSUs and placing before Working Groups for budgetary support
- Facilitate release of budgetary funds and monitor plan progress
- Provide support for Master Plan project implementation through a specialized team
- Monitoring implementation of projects using PMS and 100 days programme portal
- Implementation of Technical Assistance programmes (carried out programmes with UNDP, RNE and COMSEC)
- Managed Kerala Industrial Revitalization Fund
- Monthly Performance Monitoring
- Monitor Audit Completion
- Capacity building of Board Members and Senior Management in Corporate Governance
- Training for various levels in PSUs
- Work related to utilisation of excess land in PSUs for creation of SMEs in collaboration with DI&C
- Carryout enquiries and fact-finding audits as required by the Government
- Works related to take-over of PSUs
- Introduction of MoU System in PSUs
- Institution of awards to Best Performing PSUs, MDs, Officers, Employees and Reports in Print & Visual media
- Industry-Academia linkages for R&D and Performance Management
- Broad-based implementation of ERP in collaboration with Digital University, Kerala
- Develop e-Commerce Platform for Traditional Sector Industries in collaboration with Digital University, Kerala
Activities – PSUs
- Identify new Mineral deposits, carry out mining, and engage in Processing, Production and Marketing of Products related to Chemical and Cement sectors using Main land and Sea Port based infrastructure.
- Manufacture engineering assemblies and implement a combination of Projects &Technical Services for Engineering, Power and Transport sectors.
- Formulate, develop, manufacture and sell Drugs and Pharmaceutical products.
- Manufacture Heavy Electrical Equipment required for Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution.
- Construct Heavy Civil Structures for Power Projects, Bridges and Ports.
- Effectively manage enterprises for spinning, weaving and garment making for manufacturing yarn, cloth and processed fabrics.
- Promote Electronic Industries in Kerala for manufacturing diverse products needed for Defence, Space and Telecom Industry.
- Restructure and ensure viable operations of Handloom, Handicraft, Bamboo and allied sectors.
- Provide Technical and Supply-Chain Management support for growth and sustenance of MSMEs.